Thursday, May 2, 2013

In the eyes of the beholder!

A friend of mine at http://gracefullyrefreshed.blogspot.com/ did this with her spouse and I thought it would be a fun thing to do too on this dreary Thursday! 
Here is how it goes: get a loved one to write a few facts about "YoU!"
So, I messaged my husband this morning and asked him to jot down 10-20 things about "Me" if he had some free time today!  I was shocked that within 30 minutes I had a response. 
I thought I would have to remind him at least once!  
So, with that said, here is HIS outlook on ME in bold! I added the comments underneath! 

1. Prettiest eyes - like flowers.
He has always told me this! The pupil of both of my eyes have a yellow circle around them.

2. Smiles like the sunrise.

3. Can organize the biggest mess.
I guess I pride myself on this! It's true! I can't stand clutter or mess!

4. Quick to help.
I think I must get this from my own Mother - I see this quality in her. 

5. Can turn a mess into a beautiful thing. 
Perhaps it's because I am reminded of what my heavenly Father has done for me.
Turned a mess into a beautiful thing. 

6. Forgiving.
"And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

7. People enjoy your presence and also your opinion.
Not sure this is always true!

8. Easy to talk to most of the time...unless I'm in trouble!
This of course made me laugh! 

9. Open to learning & hearing others.
It would be a boring world if we ever stopped learning - make the most of it! 

10. Pretty good at discerning people.
Gut instinct! 

11. Very good Mother.
This makes my heart happy! 

12. Loving wife.
This makes my heart happy too! You can't be #11 without first being #12! 
They go hand in hand! 

13. Leader like qualities that ladies may covet after. 
I'm not sure that anyone covets after anything I have to offer - maybe this is because I'm a first born?!

As I reflected on the sweet things he wrote about me today I came to the realization that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Sometimes, we as women can be so hard on ourselves! What if's, if only I could lose a few pounds, why can't I get more done today, I really could do that better, why is my hair like this, and the list could go on but I am sure you get the point! Truth is we are all "fearfully and wonderfully made!"
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalms 139:14
In this world we live in, it is so easy to get bogged down with a negative self image and comparing yourself to others. But, my goal as a mother, to a young daughter, is to teach her how wonderful she is.
To show her how beautifully and wonderfully made God has created us to be in the likeness of his image.
So, I challenge you to ask someone to make a list for you!
You just might be surprised by what they say and it just might make your day!


2 comments:

Cristin said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love the post - very fun to do!