Sunday, May 12, 2013

Well, it's Mother's Day...So cheers to my Mama!

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing my post this past week. 
From writing about each of my babies, to my grandmothers, to my mother-in-law, and now to my Mama. My number one lady! 
I hope that she enjoys reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing and reminiscing! 
My mother became a mother in June of 1984 at only 16 years old. I am sure she was judged by many and scared out of her mind. She could have taken a much different path than the one she chose. She could have given me up for adoption, she could have had an abortion, she could have given me to her parents to raise, but she didn't ... she kept me. She and my daddy married soon after she found out she was pregnant & against all odds they are still married today! They will be celebrating 30 years this December. 
She didn't let marriage or a baby stop her from graduating high school. She got a job and she and my father built a modest home. She has always been a dedicated, hard worker. 
My childhood was a great one. She always seen to it that my brother and I had our needs met. We always went on a family vacation, I always had fun and exciting birthdays, Easter baskets that ran over into the floor, Christmas was full of excitement & anticipation, and most importantly love. Our home was filled with love.
 I knew she loved me. 
Our home was not perfect by any means, but it was ours. 
Our crazy was normal.
We ate at the kitchen table.
We ate out on Friday nights followed by a trip to Wal-Mart. 
We sang in the car with the windows down.
We made up silly songs.
We lived on a dirt road.
We visited our neighbors.
She would plant flowers in the Spring.
She would make our lunch on days the cafeteria served something we hated.
She would include a love note. 
She would spank us with the fly swat when we got out of line.
She would stay up with us if we were sick.
She threw me a huge surprise "Sweet 16!"
She took me to find my first prom dress.
She helped me through my first broken heart.
She cried when I tried on my wedding dress.
She held my hand when I had my first child. 
She takes me to lunch.
She loves my children.
She gets me a surprise every now and then. 
We talk every day multiple times.
If there is a such thing as a perfect mother she is as close as you'd get. She loves my brother and I with her entire being. Family is her life. She has sacrificed so we could have. She has made her home one that we love coming back to. She is my Mama!
I hope she knows how special and loved she is every day of the year not just on Mother's Day!

My Mama with my babies at the Zoo! 





No comments: