Monday, May 13, 2013

Post holiday recovery!

Have you ever noticed how holidays wipe you out or I am the only one?
Yesterday was a wonderful day for me...Mother's Day.
My kids love little holidays that come along throughout the year...let's party!
Let's face it though...Moms work hard every day of the year and there really isn't much of a break even on a day that is dedicated to us! 
Yesterday morning my husband did keep the kids off of me until 8:30 a.m so that was nice!
He also had my cup of coffee waiting on me... he knows me well! 
The kids stormed in after I was out of bed with cards, hugs, & lots of "Happy Mothers Day" cheers!
Then came the Sunday morning... Pastors wife... rush for your life... and GET READY!!!
I ironed four kids clothes (Madilyn had her cousin over), got myself dressed, fixed the baby a juice cup, located his lost blankie, tripped over a truck in the living room, packed all my children's church material, made print outs, fixed snacks, & ran out the door sweating to death and wondering if I put on de-odorant!
We had a wonderful lesson in Sunday school and I taught the 11 a.m children's church class. 
We made paper flowers and mothers day cards. I know for some of our moms at church this was probably the only 'gift' they received. It makes it all worth it when you put things into perspective.  


When we left church we had to pull off the side of the road because I hear Levi in the back of the car say, "Why is Candler sitting in the back seat buckled up?!" 
Talk about a parental failure! 
Needless to say we got him put into his car seat and buckled properly! 
I did get to choose our meal for the day so we went for Chinese take out. 
We came home and had lunch on our picnic table because it was such a gorgeous day! 
Then we had the yummy cake I had made the night before.
Let's face it ... sometimes you have to make your own mothers day cake! 
Here is where you can find the recipe for the Tres Leches Cake...it is time consuming but worth it!
I opted for strawberries instead of cherries!


After we were total stuffed I let the kids pick the movie for the afternoon. 'The Incredibles' was there choice! Madilyn said, "It reminds me of our family because there is a girl and two boys!" 
Unfortunately we didn't make it all the way through the movie. Everyone ended up in Mamas bed for a Sunday afternoon nap! Which I enjoyed very much! 
Our evening consisted of visiting my sweet Mama followed by dinner with Ryan's Mom.
We made it home by 10! 
I got the kids dressed for bed followed by hugs, kisses, and good nights. 
I headed for bed shortly after they did. 
My mothers day was really just like any other. Taking care of my family, seeing that their needs are met, & loving on each and every one of them. After all isn't that was being a mother is all about? 
Today I will be lucky if I even change out of my pj's!
So enjoy your Monday and Mommy on! 





No comments: