Saturday, May 4, 2013

Yard Selling - Not for Sale


Yard Sales and myself have a love/hate relationship! 
I love the profit/rewards but I hate all of the time & labor that you have to put into it to make it a success!
Today, one of the nastiest days of the year, we had a yard sale. 
A yard sale to benefit sending our youth to summer camp. 

Today while working the sale, several things crossed my mind.
Why did I work days in a row to organize this?
Why did I run to and fro picking up sale items & tables?
Why did I make front & back posters till the side of my hand was stained?
Why did we work so hard cleaning items & pricing them?
Why did I only get 5 hours of sleep?

Why, I asked myself? Why?
The answer is a rather simple one, because, out of all of those items in the sale, 
there are certain things in life that are NOT FOR SALE! 

Our youth, the youth of today, the future of tomorrow is NOT FOR SALE!
It is worth the work, hours, running around, loss of sleep, to strive for the kids to 
attend a summer camp that teaches them God's word rightly divided.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15
It's worth it to see them sing songs, learn memory verses, make new friends, attend chapel services, and if one just one of them sees the goodness and the grace of God, it will have eternal rewards far better than anything this world has to offer me. 
I often tell the kids I teach in Sunday School - "What is one thing you can take with you when you die?"
Answer: "Someone else!"
In the society we live in today, we see churches selling out for money, fame, & numbers.
Our youth is constantly bombarded with peer pressure, drugs, sex, immoral life styles, and I for one want to stand in the gap and say that they are 
NOT FOR SALE! 

Here is a perfect song for this post: Not For Sale 

No comments: